Thursday, April 23, 2009

McDonalds

It has been so hot lately. I just want to say McDonalds has amazing hot fudge sundaes for only $1. Such a deal! Yesterday after dinner I took Cameron there for a treat. When I pulled up to the drive through window the guy looked at me, looked at Cameron, and then said, "That's your baby?" I smiled at him and said "Yes." He looked at Cameron again and said to me, "Is he Mexican or what, he looks Mexican." Again, I smiled at him and said, "Yes, he is." So then, the guy asks me, "So, are you married to a Mexican? Where's your husband right now?" I politely answered back "I'm not married" smiled and drove off. It was such a weird conversation. People assume so many things, and I know i'm not the only person in the world with a "broken" family. Actually, I wouldn't say Cameron and I are a broken family because God knew it would be the two of us and I love it that way. But, the whole drive home had me thinking a lot. What if Cameron really understood what the guy was asking about my husband and being married? Would he ask about his dad? How would I handle that situation with Cameron? I guess i'm just not use to these reactions and comments. Any suggestions?

No comments: