Monday, August 11, 2008

Joy

At care groups Wednesday we sang the song "You Are My King" by Chris Tomlin. One line really stuck out to me.

"It's my JOY to honor you, in all I do"

I felt so convicted singing that line. Joy. Sometimes I get frustrated with the tasks God puts in front of me. Or, the situations I put myself in, and choose not to glorify God. But what if I always was Joyful to serve and honor God.

It doesn't say, I'm honoring you because you said I should. It doesn't say, I'm honoring you, because I'm suppose to. It doesn't say, I'm honoring you, even though I don't want to. IT SAYS I'm honoring you because you fill me with joy.

I am realizing I need to not look at God's truth as a burden, or something I have a hard time obeying, but something I should be grateful for. God has picked me as his precious child and there is a reason He wants me to honor him.

You Are My King - Chris Tomlin

I'm forgiven because you were forsaken
I'm accepted, You were condemned
I'm alive and well
Your spirit is within me
Because you died and rose again

Amazing love, how can it be?
That you, my king. would die for me
Amazing love, I know it's true
Its my joy to honor you
In all I do
I honor you

You are my king
You are my king
Jesus, You are my king
Jesus, You are my king

No comments: