Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Modern Fairy Tale...

Thanks to Nikki for sending me this. It gave me a much needed laugh today.
ps - sorry for the bad word at the end! haha


This is the fairy tale that should have been read to us when we were little:






Once upon a time


~~~~~~~~


in a land far away,


~~~~~~~~


a beautiful, independent,

self-assured princess


~~~~~~~~


happened upon a frog as she sat

contemplating ecological issues

on the shores of an unpolluted pond

in a verdant meadow near her castle.


~~~~~~~~


The frog hopped into the princess' lap

and said: ' Elegant Lady,

I was once a handsome prince,

until an evil witch cast a spell upon me.


~~~~~~~~


One kiss from you, however,

and I will turn back

into the dapper, young prince that I am


~~~~~~~~

and then, my sweet, we can marry


~~~~~~~~


and set up housekeeping in your castle


~~~~~~~~


with my mother,


~~~~~~~~


where you can prepare my meals,


~~~~~~~~


clean my clothes, bear my children,


~~~~~~~~


and forever feel


grateful and happy doing so. '

~~~~~~~~


That night,

~~~~~~~~

as the princess dined sumptuously

~~~~~~~~

on lightly sauteed frog legs

~~~~~~~~

seasoned in a white wine

~~~~~~~

and onion cream sauce,

~~~~~~~~

she chuckled and thought to herself:

~~~~~~~~

I don't fuckin think so.

No comments: