Friday, October 2, 2009

Diving Board

Cameron has never been a big fan of swimming. I had him in swim lessons for about 6 months when he was 1 1/2. Then for almost a year, from when he was 2 1/4-3. He was always scared of the water. Finally that changed and he liked the water, but he couldn't learn to swim in his classes. He was an amazing back floater though! ;) So, I took him out of classes for a break. Then in June, he was walking around a swimming pool, and tripped and fell in. We had to jump in to get him since he couldn't swim to the side. SO SCARY! Side note, he was crying, but not because of what happened, he was more upset that his clothes were wet! HAHA! After the incident though, he refused to get near water, it was even a battle for bathtimes. Well, in September, Cameron decided he was no longer scared, he wanted to go swimming, and he wanted to jump off the diving board at PCC! I thought I was hearing things. So, Katie and I took Cameron swimming, and sure enough, he jumped off the diving board without any hesitation! Since he can't swim, we waited under the board, and he jumped into our arms, then helped him swim to the side. I know that doesn't seem like a big deal, but I am so proud of my brave little man for choosing to push his fear aside and enjoy the water! That weekend, we went swimming 3 times!


No comments: