How could I have forgotten to write about this?
Last Friday, Cameron and I went with some friends for pizza at Mountain Mikes in Redwood City. Cameron was playing some of the arcade games with the other kids, and I guess he won a hard candy from one of the machines. Of course, without asking, he decided to eat it. Next thing I know, one of the girls comes running over to our table and yelling, "I think he's choking." Of course, I thought it was some kind of exageration, but sure enough I go over to him and he can't breathe and is gasping. HOLY CRAP. I picked him up and starting hitting his back. I remembered the training I learned when I was in highschool about how to help a choking baby. It's different than an adult. I was tearing up as I was doing it, and seriously, the entire restaurant was staring at us. I was so scared for Cameron, but I knew I had to stay calm and collected. I was doing all of this over a garbage can in the main room, but decided to start walking towards the bathroom continuing to hit his back. Then, BAM, out it came. An entire Yellow piece of Candy. It was HUGE! I had tears, Cameron had tears.
Then, get this, once he stopped crying and I was holding him, he turned to me, and said, "Mom, I want another one now." ABSOLUTELY NOT! haha. Why are kids like that? Something that just made them cry and scared both him and I, and he wants another one? That doesn't make any sense to me.
Bottom line, he is ok now, but man, it was scary!