Monday, April 28, 2008

Hope...

Over the weekend we went to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk to celebrate Tashie's birthday. It was a great time of community and reaching out and sharing with others. Cameron was terrified of the beach when we first got there. I wasnt exactly sure why because we had been to a beach before, but maybe it was so long ago he didnt remember. After about 10 minutes he warmed up to it and enjoyed building sand castles. He even went in the water with Andrew! Cameron loved watching all of the action with the rides and he even went on the LOG RIDE with all of us! He barely cleared the 34" height restriction!! :) He enjoyed it! Later in the day he saw a kids helicoptor ride he wanted to go on so badly. BUT, when he got on it.... he was so scared!















Sunday I got a text message from a friend who felt she was being nudged to try church out. Praise God! She never grew up with any religion in her household so its so rad to see her interest in it. It was cool that the sermon was about truth.

Last night was awful. I think I really and truly experienced a demonic attack. I think I experienced one several months ago, but didnt know what it was. It's so hard to explain. I can barely describe it. I felt like something was trying to get inside me. I felt like I couldn't breathe.... I was shaking and sweating.... I kept waking up feeling like I was dying. It was so scary. I am almost afraid to go to bed tonight! I emailed Tony about it and he said that is actually pretty common and that I should shout out scripture. If you guys could all pray for that though. Sorry if that sounded weird or freaked you out.

Blogging is sharing though right? haha

Today has been pretty cool. I don't usually carry my bible with me. I usually leave it at my house, but for some reason this morning I saw it and put it in my purse. This afternoon I got a phone call from a friend who just found out she was pregnant. My heart breaks for her because she is only 22 and the guy is pushing abortion. After I got off the phone a bible verse came to mind that I clung to when I had found out I was pregnant at the age of 17! (almost 18 if that makes things better... well it still doesnt, but anyways...) but I couldnt remember where it was in the bible so I called Tony and sure enough he had it. God knew I needed my bible today and thats why He had me put it in my purse. Crazy huh? So, as I wrote down two pieces of scripture for her, I realized that these versus I could find fulfilling too. Maybe they just so happened to be what I also needed to hear.

Psalm 139: 11 - 16

If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is light to you. For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Jeremiah 29: 11 - 13

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will sek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart.

So cool to look at it and see how it can be awesome for an unborn child, or for us. God is hope. I am constantly reminded that God knows my future. He loves me, and He wants my future to be great and abundant just as he wants the same for a growing little child inside of a mothers womb. He loves us all.

God is good.... I am always up for those random reminders! :)

Pray for that little baby and my friend. That God is truth and that my friend will choose to carry this baby to term without being pressured by outside influences! IN THE NAME OF JESUS!

1 comment:

Jan said...

It's so cool to see how God is moving in you, nudging you, whispering to you - and to see you hear and respond. You are such a blessing, Bristol. Will be praying against those attacks on you, and praying for your friend and her beautiful baby.