Thursday, May 7, 2009

Dude, Where's My Car?

Or, should I say.... What's wrong with my car?
This is my lovely story from yesterday.
I got off work, walked outside to the street and tried opening up the car.
The clicker didn't work.
I got stressed, but figured maybe the battery was dead.
So, I stuck my key into the lock and tried to turn it, wouldn't budge.
I walked all the way around the car, looking for another key insert.
None. Except the trunk.
(I don't know why I thought there might be one on the passenger door. Shows how long it has been since I haven't "automatically" opened up my car.)
Tried sticking the key into the lock on the trunk.
No Budge.
I can't believe I couldn't get into my car.
It was only two spots away from the driveway of my work.
A guy that I work with, Jorge, came over and tried to help me.
No luck.
My boss, Kim, came over and tried to help me.
No luck.
We laughed and joked about how strange it was that my car wasn't opening for me and that we had quite a problem on our hands.
Then, my boss Rob came out, and jokingly said,
"Are you sure that's your car?"
I looked inside and..... IT WASN'T MY CAR!
I had briefly glanced before, saw a carseat in the back and never thought that it might not be my car.
What are the odds that there would be another blue Jetta infront of my work?
I started laughing so hard, I almost peed my pants.
Oh my.
I can't believe I did that.
My car was only 2 cars away from the car I tried to break in to.
No wonder why my keys didn't work.
Wasn't that a good story!?
:)

2 comments:

Elise said...

Haha that's so awkward! I've done that before...

Autumn said...

That's hilarious!